Cooperative Bank of Lesvos - Lemnos Ai Stratis
Cooperative Bank of Lesvos (Lesbos) and Lemnos (Limnos)
Products and Services
How to contact the Bank
The Cooperative Bank of Lesvos -
Lemnos was founded in the year 1995 as Credit Cooperation in accordance
with the article No. 1667/86 and transformed into a Banking Institution in
accordance with the article No. 2076/92 in April 1999 getting granted the
authorization after the accumulation of the necessary capital of 3.521.643,43
Today the bank employs thirteen people who have been selected after
examinations and two contract consultants.
It owns a building of 400 m2 which has been restored to a modern
Head Office in Mytilini and there are also branch offices in Eressos, Petra,
Plomari and Myrina. The bank is directed by a 9member Directors Board and a
5member supervising Council. The last elections took place in April the 25th
The Cooperative Bank is subordinated by the Reserve Bank of Greece and is
inspected by Chartered Accountants. The bank is a member of the Hellenic
Cooperative Banks Unity for the Institution's projection and also the
assertion and the solution of the several issues regarding the Cooperative
ADVANTAGES OF THE COOPERATIVE BANK
- Very good knowledge of the local market and it's special conditions.
- The Administration of the Cooperative Bank are local people and as a
result of that, they know the borrowers.
- The decisions of the Directors Board are made quick and because of that
are flexible and effective.
- Low operational cost.
- Risk elimination on loans management due to the good knowledge of the
- Profitable management policy (Share dividend + surplus value of the
- High interest rates for deposits.
- Low loan interest rates.
- Easy access into the Banking System for the new small and average -size
businessman and the low-budget consumer as well.
- Recycling of the local savings in the Province of Lesvos.
BANKING - BUSINESS - INFRASTRUCTURE
- Modern H/F computer system Globus (INFORMER A.E ), that was chosen to be
the common system of all Cooperative Banks.
- Issues Letters of Guarantee on very good terms in comparison with the
rest of the Banks,
- Foreign Currency Exchange Management with very competitive buying and
- Collaboration with the Agricultural Insurance Company to provide all
types of insurance to our members.
- Stock Exchange authorization office and investment services in
collaboration with the National Stock Exchange Company.
- Payment of electricity , telephone and water company bills.
- Selling the Alpha-Trust mutual funds.
- Shareholder of the Panellinia Cooperative Bank (shares value 200.000,00
Copyright © 2008, Cooperative Bank of
Lesvos - Lemnos :: Address: 75, Kountouriotou str., Mytilene, Lesvos island, Zip 81100, Greece.